Oh, how I love rainy mornings when I have nowhere to go. I love lying in bed and listening to the rain patter outside the window. I even enjoyed the storm last night. It woke Landy up, and she climbed in bed with us. We usually do not allow her to sleep with us, so I secretly love stormy nights when she can cuddle up with me all night. We were, however, awakened by a loud thump very early this morning. Yep, the bed is a little high, and the floor is a lot hard.......ouch! Poor thing. She shook it off and climbed right back in bed. Never even really waking up.
I had a few minutes to myself, so I read some blogs that friends had posted about our women's retreat this past weekend. I love listening to the insight that they have. I am not a person of deep thought. I wish I was. But that's why God gave me friends like KimHill, who can tell you deep thoughts she has about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Not always very useful, but always very entertaining! Kim's past post however (like most) I did find very encouraging.
I had such a great time at the retreat. I appreciate Crissy and Mona so much and the time they put into coordinating and preparing for the weekend. The study was something I feel was very much needed within our church. I realize how much I need the guidance and encouragement of someone more spiritually mature than myself. I also realize that although I feel totally and completely inadequate, God can use me to nurture others as well.
Thanks to all who had any part of the retreat! Remember, same place, same time next weekend right? Oh, I forgot to tell my husband that part!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Posted by Paige M at 10:06 AM
