CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

God's Floorboard

Last night I getting out of my car and glanced up into the beautiful night sky. The sky was perfectly clear and the stars were incredible. I guess it is kind of like looking at my children, I always notice the beautiful stars and look up every time I'm outside and think "wow". But there are times I sit and stare in adoration, in amazement, in worship to the creator. "Wow" doesn't seem appropriate, not adequate for such beauty.

I once heard the story of a young boy who adored his grandmother. He described the feeling of visiting her house. The warmth, the wonderful smells, the incredible feeling of home, the peace of being held by someone you know loves you so deeply.............all of this awaiting him every time he visited his grandmother.

Like most houses build without a basement, there was a crawl space under his grandmother' s house. She stored a lot of things there, and once asked her grandson to get something from under the house for her. He crawled under. It was a dark, cold, damp place. Bugs, rats,and spiders were many. As he was there he could hear his grandmother's footsteps above. He took a minute to lie down and look up at the floorboard of her house. "How could it be so miserable down here, and yet so perfect on the other side of this floorboard?", he thought.

Take a minute to look up and gaze at the incredible beauty of the stars tonight............If that is God's floorboard, imagine what awaits us on the other side.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paige, that was so lovely! I love that you wrote that, and I'm so glad you posted another blog, it was time to hear from you again, dear friend. You are making long for the night time.

I think we have a hard time talking about the "wowness" of our Father because it's just too big and too wonderful to fully wrap our minds around. I think "wow" is a good word for it though. It's that awesome feeling that makes our hearts so full, it almost feels like they could burst. Beautiful post, just beautiful!

heather said...

Very incredible the stars do that to me too I never thought of it that way we always complain about life here but God gave us so much beauty here it does make you long for the beauty of heaven.

Ginger said...

What a great thought! That gave me goosebumps!

Oh, that's you calling... weird!

Ginger said...

Thanks sister, I long to see the other side. That was encouraging.

Trace

Kim said...

Who said you couldn't write? Oh yeah, it was you! Great blog.

Crissy said...

I think also that hearing the grandmother's footsteps gave courage to the little boy. Knowing that he could soon go to where his grandmother was. Heaven gives me a very real hope.

Laura said...

Beautifully put. Thanks.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

awesome!!

kim p