I had to miss the cookie swap Saturday night. I was disappointed about it, but I was able to do something that turned out really fun. Have you ever heard of or been involved in a progressive dinner? Well, I would definitely recommend being part of one, but maybe not planning one! I was only remotely involved with the planning. One of my neighbors was the coordinator of it all, and I believe it was a lot of work. I really appreciate all she did! We began at my house at 4 pm for the meet and greet. I literally had about 50 people in my house and had never met over half of them. The ones I had met, I didn't know very well. From my house we went to 4 other "host" houses. The first was appetizers, then soup and salad, next was the main course, and finally, the dessert house! This was a great opportunity for me to meet my neighbors that I probably wouldn't meet otherwise. I met a couple of ladies that I would really like to get to know better. I ate entirely too much, but we all justified it because we were "walking" from house to house. Which means my feet were in agonizing pain by the end of the night.........the end of the long night............it was 4:00 when we started and 9:00 when we got back home. Santa came to the last house and didn't show up until almost 8:00!!! ( Ho Ho....humbug!) But it really was a lot of fun. For 5 years now, I have had conflicting plans on the night of the cookie swap. Next year I want to plan for it to be at my house........then I'll have to be there!!!!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hmmm...progressive dinner...I would have gottne progressivley more hungry by the time we actually got to eat the maine course...nope not a fan...don't mention it to Heather...
hmmm, that sounds like so much fun. I LOVE progressive dinners. It is a very girly thing to plan. We missed you!
i've definately heard of them but never participated. i missed the cookie swap too, i'm sad i didn't see everyone. this time of year is just sooooo busy!
we missed you.
kim p
Those are fun! I was sad to miss the cookie swap too.
Thanks for all your help yesterday.
Post a Comment