CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Turkey Day Dinner

Oh my yummness! Thanks for the recipe, Kim. I planned this big meal for Friday night and invited Jason and Anne Marie. I had planned on baking the Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake that Kim is famous for, until I remembered that Anne Marie had given up chocolate of Lent. So I made the Brickle Cake instead. Scrumbdelicious!

Yea! I cooked my first turkey too. I have to say it was really good. I enjoyed the whole cooking experience. I don't cook big meals often. It was fun to prepare a "Thanksgiving" meal. My dressing was alright, but no where near as good as my step-dad's famous dressing. I really wanted a picture of the big beautiful bird before it was carved, but I forgot. So this is some of the remains.

We counted almost thirty turkeys in our back yard last week. Too bad there is no hunting allowed! I could cook turkeys every day of the month!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you available next Thanksgiving??? Cleaning houses and cooking birds, whats next Miss Paige!!! Looking forward to it myself!

Anonymous said...

You really out did yourself, Paige! Dinner was excellent...the turkey was tasty, stuffing was scrumptious, dessert was divine, vanilla coke was no joke, and the company was charming!

John E. Webb said...

wow.. that look incredible.. i must say, great job! Jason and Ann Marie, had a feast! When Josh, Landy and myself went for the four wheeler ride we saw a lot of turkey.. too bad UL will not let us hunt.. sad sad.. oh well, i see your going to be prepared for thanksgiving this year!

MattD said...

Ya know all I need is a place (out one of windows downstairs) and a crossbow, and what Layman don't know want hurt him! :-)...look that turkey just fell right over and another and another...

heather said...

Did you sit on the deck eating turkey while watching turkey? That would be cool!!

Scott H said...

I have a crossbow and tight lips!

j_webb said...

Was a really good meal I must say. It made us feel like important guests!
Those turkeys may actually have been there for the memorial service,...to grieve. Im sure they smelled themselves cooking that afternoon. ;-)

Missy said...

I am SO proud of you Paige!
Now if you could just start loving the mini spatula, you would be a full fledge cook!

Princess Motormouth said...

That's so cool! It's pretty to see them in full strut...oh my, can you tell my Daddy was a champion turkey clucker? And now I'm married to one, too. I can't escape the clucking & gobbling....