I know it is time for a new look on my blog. Isn't that some sort of rule...that you shouldn't have flip flop pictures on your blog after Labor Day? Oh well, I'll have to wait on that. I just wanted to say hello. I have been in one of my anti-social moods lately. Isn't that awful? I know it is! But it is the truth. I definitely go through social stages. I will want to be around my friends all the time, and then I just want to stay home and do nothing. Weird, huh? Well, today is actually the first day since Mother's Day Out started that I am planning on staying home all day by myself. No running around like crazy because I have some time alone. I have plenty to do around the house. I'm really looking forward to it.
Did you hear the great news about Jason and Anne Marie's friend, Dan Waid? We all feel like it is definitely an answered prayer! It is sad how we really do not expect our prayers to be answered. That's the way I am anyway. But, WOW, when He answers our prayers it is so incredible. Please be praying that God will use this experience in Dan's life to draw him closer to Christ. Jason was able to share the gospel with Dan, he seemed very receptive.
I have been down on my faith this past week. I do not like that feeling, because I know it is nothing but my own flesh revealing my own weakness. I do not put my faith in Christ as I should. I pray for God to increase my faith, and yet I put stipulations on it. "Increase my faith, but please don't mess with my family....increase my faith, but don't give me too many hardships. " I truly do this! Does that mean I really don't want to put my faith in God alone? I look at the hardships different people have experienced, and I am amazed at the faith and strength God has given them. I wonder if I would have the same? I guess it all goes back to what I said in the beginning. I am weak. I know we all are. The strength that others have can come from one place alone. Therefore, my prayer today is that God would increase my faith. Only He can do that.
Have a wonderful day. Maybe I'll get rid of the flip flops soon! :)
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Answered prayers and ugly stipulations...
Posted by Paige M at 7:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
i get the same way. ill even avoid people i know that i see out when i get in my anti social mood. unfortunately for me i cant declare it dela day. i have to go forth and spew sunshine every day... its my job title. ha! this is my week where i want to just stay home and not see anyone but bradley.
maybe its the weather
I put a lot of thought into why I was so SURE Dan would get worse ...or get bad news.(90% chance of cancer!) I think I get too caught up in what I (or men in general) cannot do, that I forget God is all powerful. I forget how much He loves us. I forget the Gospel!
Even the doctor's could not explain what they saw on the MRI vs. what they saw in his head. I truly believe that God used me at that time when Dan called. I had been praying for opportunities and boldness to share the Gospel with close friends, umm....not quite how I expected the opportunity!! Maybe I can quit trying to figure God out and just rest in the fact that God is so good. He truly works in mysterious ways.
I like to bargain with God too. "God make me strong, but please don't let me suffer." You are not the first Christian to do that and certainly not the last. That was awesome about the praise report. God never ceases to amaze me. I'm sorry you are feeling blah and antisocial (that is if this is bothering you!) It's ok to slow down some and have a "you" day. Don't feel like you always have to have something going on. Take the opportunity to examine your heart. And I like your flip flops. I think they are cute! Fits your personality so well, Paige.
Love you friend.
Refreshing (?) to hear that I am not the only one that does this...all of it!
I hope you have had a nice day to yourself and feel happy and refreshed at the days end.
Thanks for sharing so openely with your very sinful friend :)
be careful asking for increased faith ... He may actually do it!
Great blog, Paige. I think we can all relate to this. Jason said, we all look for great miracles from God, a sign from Him....speak to us, let us see you...walk on water again...show everyone that you are with us and we fail to see all the many blessings and miracles that He gives us everyday.
Paige, what a great post. It sure has opened up lots of doors for discussion. And your honesty and ability to be so raw & real, makes me feel more 'normal' in this crazy everyday world.
I am praising God right now for Dan's awesome positive health report. I love it when it stumps the medical community and they have no other way to explain it, except that it's God.
I'm learning to let go and let God.
Beautifully said. I have missed you this week I mean I didn't see you 3 or 4 days crazy. I actually studied and got some stuff done. But I'd rather be out goffing around, I mean running errands with you. See you later.
Post a Comment