I was sitting with Landy yesterday while she was diligently cutting and gluing, obviously in deep thought(she sticks her tongue out when she is concentrating really hard), when she asked me another question about heaven. She asks questions about God and heaven ALL the time! I guess most kids are very inquisitive at this age. So I ask her the question I have asked many times, "How do we get to heaven?", and she said, "By being good".
AAAAAAAA!!!!!! "No, no, no, no, no NO!", I said a bit frustrated with a hint of HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS! So, again I explained to her that it was by faith alone. As I was talking to her I was thinking about our Sunday School class this week. Our class full of adults was being reminded of this same thing. Of how we are saved by the gospel, and then we somehow think that the law is something that we must uphold daily to keep our salvation.
I have felt that many times God is saying to me, "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS!". Why can't I get it? He has not only attained our perfection but atoned for our imperfection. I need to remind myself of this more. It seems that the past few months God has been teaching this to me repetitively. As I need to with Landy.
I am thankful she has a slight grasp on it. I was able to use something she said as an example for her yesterday. Last week Carson had gotten her scissors and was cutting in one of her school books. I ran in very frustrated and took the scissors away. Landy looked at him and said, "Carson, Mama should spank you right now, but I think she's gonna have mercy on you!". Hallelujah! She is learning something! Maybe I'll learn from her!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
5 year old and faith
Posted by Paige M at 7:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you'll learn a LOT from your kids - mostly about your own sin and good a parent God is to you
Great post! I have felt the same thing with my own kids countless times.
Post a Comment