CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Planning the magic

As all of you know, unless you have not been around me at all over the past 3 months, I am planning a trip to Disney World. I have been a couple of times before, but the last time was about 11 years ago. I am SO excited. Josh thinks it is a little ridiculous. He is no where near as excited as I am. In fact he isn't really excited at all. I don't know, maybe it's a cover up. You know, a guy thing, "Oh, I'm not excited about Disney World. I'd much rather be camping or in the mountains or something." ( said in his deepest, manly voice) But he's got to be a little excited. So that is my main objective now. Not to get him pumped up about going, but to plan it very well, so that he does have a really good time. I want it to be as stress-free as possible. This makes men happy , right? I also want to go again in a few years, so this trip better be good. No pressure. I'm planning and budgeting everything from the big stuff (hotels, gas, food) to the small stuff ( stroller rentals, ice cream and Mickey Mouse ears). Heather N. laughed at me because I am pre-purchasing souvenirs at the Disney Store in the Galleria (she knows how thrifty I am.) They have things on sale a lot, and I know it will be way more expensive in the parks!

Anyway, I have really enjoyed researching everything. I was a little amazed at all there is to do and see. I never planned any of the other trips. We just "went". Which you can not do. Well, not without missing a lot and adding a lot of stress! If anyone wants to plan a trip any time soon. Let me know. I can be your personal travel agent. If anyone has been before and has any useful tips, let me know!

I was over at Leslie B.'s house the other day and discovered they will be at Disney the exact same week we will be there! Isn't that ironic...don't cha think? ( by the way Alanis Morissette has a new CD out)

Now at least Leslie and I can get Josh and Jeff excited about hanging out together some. He shares in Josh's lack of excitement. I guess they are just "taking one for the family"...yeah, right.

13 comments:

Kim said...

I think you need to put your good planning efforts in a trip for the la-dies. However, I would love to be in on this Disney trip with your fam. You're doing an awesome job planning!

Miss you.

Donna Brumlow said...

We loved Disney World when we went. Where are you staying? We stayed at the All-Star resort. This was about 7 years ago. We loved Epcot but the kids were older and I am not sure small children would get a lot out of it. We loved the way it was divided up by countries. For some reason we couldn't get Jeff out of Germany. Maybe it was the round the clock Beefest they had.

Burt said...

why do men not like dismal world? ... 110 degrees! obnoxious crowds! incredibly expensive! but kids really do love it so it's a great trip nonetheless

deLa said...

i want to go so bad but i am one of those people that feel they have to do EVERYTHING and with all the events disney has now, that is a little impossible in one trip. it literally makes my stomach hurt to even think about planning a trip. i dont know how my parents did it. my poor future seedlings will never have a chance with me as a mommy. ill have to hire you for "future family vacations". bradley and i had a gatlinburg trip scheduled last labor day. i had cabin reservations, pre-purchased tickets to special events, made dinner reservations..... and it got to be so over whelming to me that i cancelled it last minute and we went to the beach. at the beach... there is no planning.... you just lay there. ahhhhhh....

however, i would love to see it documented once yall are home. i love pictures!!

Donna Brumlow said...

Oops, I meant "Beerfest", but I bet you figured that out.
Lurnus

Paige M said...

Donna - Yeah, a "beefest" didn't sound like much fun!

Anonymous said...

I refuse to believe that Josh isn't excited. You know he sits in his office and tries on a secret stash of Mouse Ears and gets all pumped up about the trip. He just doesn't want you to know! Yeah, Disney has a ton of attractions. I would suggest not trying to plan something every waking minute, realize you will miss some things but it will still be ok! Have fun and wear sunscreen!

Missy said...

All Josh is thinking about is "Hey, I wonder if me and my hot wife can make out on the its a small world ride."

I know ya'll will have fun and I love that you are prebuying your souveneirs...making me laugh!

MattD said...

Guess we haven't been around you in 3 months...had no idea...I have seen Josh though...didn't mention it..Heather would love to go but (1) Cha ching $$$ (2) Orlando in the summer?? HOT HOT HOT...(3) Lines...waiting an hour to ride and hearing the kids complain about how HOT it is...(4) too many people...(5) see above reasons..

j_webb said...

I have never been to DISNEY.... but all the good reports I get come from women and kids, all the bad reports from men. Hmmm. A trend.
Do they have the thingy like Six Flags where you can come back to a ride when it is your turn? Lines are better if so.
Planning sounds essential, espcially with kids. But buying the souveniers in advance?
in Alabama?
Does that count?
Let me know if you pull that one off. This could save me thousands over the next few years! What a novel idea.
You ARE thrifty!
I'm sure ya'll will have a blast.

Amber said...

Yay-hay!!!! Love me some DW!!!! I am so proud of you for all your planning. I am thrifty too--thanks for the tip of buying your souvs in advance--never thought of that...
Have lots 'o fun!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

you are a GENIUS!! i mean, buying your trinkets ahead of time at the disney store on sale?! pure genius!

Princess Motormouth said...

OMG! When the heck are you all going to Disney World??? We're going with the in-laws in March '09! I am fired up for V-I-C-T-O-R-Y and I feel like my enthusiasm could easily spill over on Josh. Jon's got about the same level of excitement over our trip as I guess all the other dudes out there, and it's with HIS family-not even with mine. I think he's also secretly just as excited, but he's giving the same I'm a guy, outdoors, mountains, woods, camping, hunting, etc. routine.
I am not doing any of the planning, organizing, etc. for this trip, for which I am so thankful. I think I will also try the Disney Store souviners route, too. But I need more info on that strategy. Are you taking them packed and divying them out at end of day, end of rides, what are we talking here? I'm overwhelmed now thinking of that.